Spirit of North & South India - Summer 2021
Spirit Of North & South India – Summer 2021
Cultural riches, historic gems, and breathtaking natural wonders beyond your wildest dreams are all captured on this itinerary. From the desert forts of Rajasthan to the ancient cave temples of Mumbai, travel in complete comfort, stay in five-star hotels and enjoy the best cuisine India has to offer. During your travels you will visit the beautiful Taj Mahal at dawn, interact with local farmers and fishermen on the island village of Vaikom and savour the tropical beauty of the Kerala backwaters as you cruise by traditional houseboat.
- Delhi: Enjoy the local flavours of India with a welcome drink and dinner at your hotel.
- Jaipur: Arrive at the local restaurant, 1135 AD, where your Highlight Dinner awaits.
- Kochi: Meet a local cooking instructor, who will demonstrate traditional Kerala home cooking, followed by a delicious lunch.
- Vaikom Village: Gain insight into life at the village and try your hand at weaving with wild pineapple leaves or coconut husks, before sharing lunch at a local’s home.
- Mumbai: Showcasing the best of Indian cuisine, enjoy your mouth-watering Celebration Dinner in the nation’s largest city, the perfect environment to celebrate your time in India.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 6 Lunches (L) 9 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Indian Festivals: Truly experience India by travelling during one of its famed festivals. Holi is the festival of colour, symbolising the end of winter and encourages the people to play, laugh, forgive and forget. Diwali is the festival of light celebrated by lighting oil lamps and fireworks to welcome in the Hindu New Year. Refer to dates and date chart notes to find out which departures travel during these wonderful, cultural experiences.
- Delhi: Enjoy a rickshaw ride through the bustling streets of Old Delhi.
- Delhi: See the Red Fort and visit Qutub Minar. Drive along the Rajpath to view the India Gate and Parliament House.
- Delhi: Led by your Travelling Concierge, explore the impressive Jama Masjid, India’s largest mosque.
- Agra: Inside Agra’s red sandstone fortress, witness the fairytale palaces, audience halls and mosques of the Mughal rulers.
- Agra: Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Agra: Head on the Mughal Heritage Walk and meet the locals who reside close to the Taj Mahal.
- Bhraratpur: Enjoy a ride on the express train from Bhraratpur to Ranthambore.
- Ranthambore: Venture inside this former royal hunting ground and enjoy two game safaris with a naturalist.
- Jaipur: Watch girls threading garlands to be used for offerings, when you visit the flower market. Marvel at the sights and smells as you explore the spice market.
- Jaipur: During a city tour with your Travelling Concierge see the Hawa Mahal, the Palace of Winds and visit the Jantar Mantar, the Royal observatory built in 1726.
- Jaipur: Meet the ladies of Pink City Rickshaw as they take on on a city tour of Jaipur. Listen to their stories of growing up in the slums to proudly developing their skills to be part of to be part of this inspiring opportunity. If you need more this is another: Headline: AGRA Visit the majestic Taj Mahal, bathed in the first rays of dawn, and learn about this romantic national icon.
- Kochi: Attend a performance of traditional Kathakali dance.
- Kochi: During your city orientation see the oldest Jewish Synagogue in the Commonwealth and the murals of Mattancherry Palace.
- Alleppey: Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, journeying through waterways and past traditional villages.
- Kumarakom: Rise early for a fascinating bird watching experience at the Bird Sanctuary.
- Vaikom Village: Guided by boat, explore the narrow canals of one of the oldest townships in Kerala and with many spots untouched by modernity.
- Kumarakom: Explore Kumarakom Your Way – choose between harmonising your mind and body in a yoga class or for those wanting to unwind, indulge in a rejuvenating massage.
- Fly to Mumbai: Relax and enjoy your flight to Mumbai.
- Mumbai: Take a cruise to Elephanta Island and enjoy the scenery.
- Mumbai: Meet the ‘Dabbawalla’ in Mumbai and know the intricate details of the magnificent tiffin service which has been in existence for almost 130 years!
- New Delhi: Old world charm blended with contemporary style, the Taj Mahal Hotel is an established hotel with a prime address in the leafy Lutyens’ diplomatic quarter. Situated amidst 6 acres of landscaped grounds and featuring modern Indian-style decor, perfect for city exploration.
- Agra: A luxury hotel, which lies a whisper away from the breath-taking Taj Mahal. Only a short walk away from the Eastern Gate of this fabled monument this hotel offers the perfect place to relax and take in views of the Taj from the infinity pool.
- Ranthambore: The Nahargarh Ranthambhore lies nestled at the foot hills of Aravalli Range neighbouring the Ranthambore National Park. The hotel boasts modern facilities and a superb restaurant offering global cuisine.
- Jaipur: Set in 18 acres of Mughal style gardens, Jai Mahal Palace showcases Rajasthan’s stunning heritage. Savour authentic flavours of royal Indian cuisines at Cinnamon restaurant or unwind with a relaxing treatment at Jiva Spa.
- Kumarakom: Kumarakom Lake Resort, a collection of low-slung villas with red tile roofs, surrounded by palm trees, clustered around a long and winding 250-meter, free-form swimming pool. At the coastal end of the resort, an infinity pool seems to reach out into Lake Vembanad itself.
- Mumbai: Situated in Mumbai, India’s financial captial, the elegant Oberoi hotel offers magnificent views of the ocean and ‘…
Delhi, a Rich Melting Pot.
An Agra Adventure.
The Taj Mahal and Ranthambore.
In Search of Tigers in Ranthambore.
Jaipur, the Pink City.
Fly to Kochi via Mumbai.
Kochi sightseeing, cooking school and Kathakali.
Kumarakom and the Alleppey Backwaters.
Kumarakom and Vaikom Village.