Road to Rome - Start Paris With Oberammergau, Classic Group, 2022
Road To Rome – Start Paris With Oberammergau, Classic Group, 2022
Proverbially, all roads lead to Rome. This one includesa gourmet walk through Paris with a foodie, meeting a Swiss Mountain Ranger and the art of Renaissance Florence. Top it all off with a once in a decade opportunity to see the world famous Oberammergau Passion Play with secured premium seats!
- Paris: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Paris for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Tuscany: Visit Il Poggio to learn about organic olive and grape farming. Then enjoy a tasting as you sit down to a fabulous lunch of Tuscan specialities, complimented by stunning views.
- Rome: Savour a four-course Celebration Dinner complete with wine, to the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best loved opera.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B), 2 Lunches with Wine (LW), 1 Dinner (D)and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW)
- Paris: Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian with your Local Expert or alternatively, join an avid foodie, to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies.
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Make Travel Matter
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing on the island of Murano. Watch artisans create delicate works of art using rare traditional practices and support the master glassblowers to preserve their art.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you pass the areas of Burgundy, Arlberg, the Inn Valley, Tauern Mountains, Tuscany and Umbria.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you journey from London to Europe via the revolutionary Channel Tunnel.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Oberammergau: Experience the spectacular Passion Play that has made this town famous. Watch from your premium seat as local villagers perform as they have since 1634 in this once in a decade event. An emotive and critically acclaimed performance depicting Christ’s last days, this is an event not to be missed.
- Stanserhorn Summit: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family’s residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Innsbruck: Enjoy an orientation with your Travel Director as you walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Pisa: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Vatican City: Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica and see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase arrival transfers from London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival days, or when additional nights accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- If your departure flights are as per the itinerary end dates, departure transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way to the airport
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the a…
Paris, the 'City of Light'
Burgundy and Lucerne
Lucerne & Mount Stanserhorn
From Lucerne to Oberammergau
Innsbruck, the Dolomites to the Queen of the Adriatic
The Magic of 'La Serenissima'
Tuscany, Pisa and Florence
Hilltop Orvieto and Rome
Papal and Imperial Rome