New England's Fall Foliage - Classic Group, 2023
New England’s Fall Foliage – Classic Group, 2023
Embrace the beauty of New England during this one-week guided tour. Behold Boston, one of the oldest cities in the U.S. and where much of the country was formed; here, you will traverse the red-brick Freedom Trail, where you will see the hall that housed the country’s first-ever town meeting and many more historic sites. Admire the bronzing leaves of Vermont’s lush trees as you travel to Stowe, where the real Von Trapp family of ‘The Sound of Music’ chose to live – and where you will stay. In Montpelier, visit a maple syrup farm where you can taste the sweet golden liquid tapped straight from the trees. Ride a gondola at Loon Mountain Resort into New Hampshire’s White Mountains and see as far as Canada. See Maine’s oldest lighthouse in Portland, then celebrate your trip with a decadent fresh lobster dinner.
- Boston: At 18:00, join your Travel Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle with fellow guests at your hotel.
- Stowe Highlight Dinner: At your Highlight Dinner, taste the creations of artisan brewers with Austrian-style lagers.
- Portland: Enjoy an authentic Maine lobster dinner as you feast on the fresh and local delicacy known for its tender and rich flavour. Raise a glass as you mingle with new friends over this delectable Celebration Dinner.
- Dining Summary: 7 Breakfast (B), 5 Dinner with Wine (DW)
Make Travel Matter
- North Conway: MAKE TRAVEL MATTER® and enjoy an insightful talk by a naturalist on the North Woods’ wildlife and ecology. Expert Chris Lewey is an Executive Director and Founder of Raven Interpretive Programs Then, more spectacular fall foliage awaits as you journey through Crawford Notch, an arresting pass through the White Mountains. Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet
Top Rated Highlight
- Boston: Join your Travel Director as they guide you along the Freedom Trail, a route that leads you through historically significant sites in the city.
- Stockbridge: Visit the Norman Rockwell Museum, a wonderful snapshot of Americana, built to showcase the amazing artwork produced during his long career.
- Weston: Step back into history with a visit to the Vermont Country Store where you’ll find a nostalgic assortment of products ranging from local cheeses to whiskey pecan pie.
- Woodstock: Explore the Billings Farm and Museum- of the finest operating dairy farms in America, which also serves as a museum of Vermont’s rural past.
- Waterbury: Experience a guided tour of the Ben and Jerry’s Factory, where you will learn from Caring Dairy farmers about the sustainable farming practices that goes into their ice cream production.
- Montpelier: Travel to Morse Farm Maple Sugarworks, where maple syrup is “tapped” from the trees. Taste a Vermont tradition, the unusually named “sugar on snow’” which is maple syrup drizzled over packed snow. This tasty treat is traditionally served with a doughnut and pickle.
- Franconia Notch: Take a scenic ride on the Gondola SkyRide at Loon Mountain Resort (weather permitting). On a clear day, you’ll have superb panoramic views of New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York and Canada.
- Kancamagus Scenic Byway: Later, journey through the dazzling crimson and orange hues of the famed Kancamagus Scenic Byway to North Conway. This spectacular section of Route 112 is unspoiled by industry and boasts 34.5 miles (55 kilometres) of untouched natural beauty.
- Bretton Woods: Stop for pictures at the Silver Cascade Waterfall and Bretton Woods, which offers stunning views of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast at 6,288 feet (1,917 metres).
- North Conway: Enjoy a scenic hike to Diana’s Baths, which is features a small series of cascading waterfalls.
- Cape Elizabeth: This morning visit the iconic Portland Head Light on the spectacular shores of Fort Williams Park.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Boston
Beantown to Williamstown
The Legends of the Fall and Stowe
A Taste of Vermont
North Conway and the White Mountains
Sightseeing in the White Mountains
The Rugged Maine Coast
Back to Boston